What we expect from the projects:
- realization of the project in photographic medium or its extended field;
- direct engagement with the specifics of the photographic medium and/or the selected location;
- taking place in one or several publicly accessible locations in Tallinn;
- argumentation concerning the choice of the location.
Tallinn Photomonth ’23 offers:
- artist fee and coverage for the production costs of the work;
- cooperation and support in negotiations in order to confirm the project location;
- visibility via the biennial’s communication channels, information materials and public programme.
The application must include:
- project description with 3–5 illustrative images (2000–2500 characters, in PDF format);
- CV or creative biography of the author(s) (1-2 pages, in PDF format).
The deadline for submitting the materials is July 31, 2023.
Please send the applications to: Brigit Arop, email@example.com
The participating projects will be selected by the Tallinn Photomonth team together with a committee of professional advisors.
The main programme of Tallinn Photomonth ’23 includes the international group exhibition Trance at Tallinn Art Hall’s Lasnamäe Pavilion (06.10.–26.11.2023; curated by Ilari Laamanen) and the artists’ film programme in cinema Sõprus (16.–17.11.2023; curated by Piibe Kolka and Genevieve Yue). The events of the main programme can be described with keywords like technologically mediated world, sensory experiences, humane and mechanical, co-creation, collectivity, sociality. In the framework of the satellite programme of the biennial, cooperation with several previously valued partners and photography-oriented exhibition spaces across Tallinn continues. The selected projects will be announced in September 2023.
Brigit Arop, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager, Tallinn Photomonth ’23